For New Year's 2008, I will be adding another one year to my age. That's not a big difference to me, friend (really waliz??)... that day my friend asked me..what is my new year resolution? and i just tell him..i have none because if i want to change myself i will do it on the spot..not waiting for the next few months just for the sake to change it. What's so special about January 1 that makes people want to change the way they live anyway?
Furthermore, nobody ever cares about resolutions past, say, January 3. If you ran into a buddy of yours in March who said "Yep, i still not smoking, like I swore in January!"or "I can't believe I'm still being nicer to my enemy, after all these months!" you'd back away. Because that was in the past, man, and this is the present. Or future. Or something like that.
The point is, resolutions are just a made up way to keep the holidays quite special. You show me somebody who seriously improved their life by making a New Year's resolution and sticking to it, and I'll show you somebody who is absolutely no fun. Resolutions are fine, New Year's resolutions are not.
"Don't let the calendar dictate your life!!!!!"
Btw...i did tell my friend ...isk isk isk..( not to dissapoint him actually) my new year resolutions eventhought i was not intend to strictly adhere to it: Actually it is not a new year resolutions but more to what i want to do through out the year but couldnt do it!
1. to get more sleep..at least 8 hours a day (quite immpossible nowadays)
2. to eat more healthy food ( carrots and broccoli? nahhhhh...actually to try out more new recipes tht sound alien to me..like Criadillas...hahaha my beloved chef..please explain this to me!)
3. to spent more time with the loved one...(sorryyyy...most of the time i rather be alone..pls understand)
4. to be able to say NO and not feel guilty after..
5. to exercise more ( swimming and walking...i hate to jog)
6. to plant more trees in my compound ( i love ths..just gimme the spade!)...i dont want to be left out in saving the world!
7. to save more money and be able to forget about it( i can save for 3 years and finish it in one hour!)
8. to have a good leadership quality in me..so i wont end up fighting wth my
colleague (i'm a very structured person, will have problems wth the slackier one...u see)
9. to be a good citizen to my country ( hopefully i'll be able to agree to the
policies and running of the nation..some of the MPs really make me wondering how they got voted at the first place! )
10. to make my life more fun, stress-free and at the same time rushing forward to
achieve all my goals...!!!
hahahaha...so i end up 10 things that i must do next year! Hmmmm...actually more to be honest....
lastly...i personally would like to wish all my friends out there a joyous christmas with a warm hug and kisses... and happy new year to everybody....!!!mwahhhhh... I LOVE YOUUUUUUU.....
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Posted by waliz at Thursday, December 20, 2007